Tuesday 22 November 2011

Thank God we can blog about anything !!

My teacher recently told me i could blog about ANYTHING related to the course, poems, and short stories we have been doing. I personally thank her for that. I find it so hard to blog, so this has made it so much easier. This course has surprisingly helped me out a lot with English, i can write better essays, i can understand poems and there not so literal meanings, and i can even start my own blog. I know we haven't covered the poem i'm about to talk about in our cm1120 course, but we have all done this poem in high school. Experience by Dorothy Livesay . Ring a bell anybody ?? I've read a lot of poems since high school but this is still by far my favourite. 

"For your own good" they said,
And they gave me bread
Bitter and hard to swallow.
My head felt tired after it,
My heart felt hollow.

So I went away on my own road
Tasting all fruits, all breads:
And if some were bitter, others were sweet --
So I learned
How the heart is fed.
This poem for me is all about youth and growing up. Being kept under your parents close watch, and then you finally go off on your own and begin to taste "all fruits" and all "breads" you do what you want    when you want to do it. "And if some were bitter, others were sweet--" not all roads that you take in life are going to be good, theres going to be troubles, deaths, your going to lose chances at things and opportunities. But hay , if people didn't make mistakes  and if bad things sometimes didn't happen how would we ever learn from them. Thats why when your on a good path and good things are happening the fruit tastes so sweet. If i learned anything from this poem it was that you need to appreciate the little things in life and value what you have, and yes your going to go through rough times and tribulations but in the end your going to survive and your going to be ok. 




fruitbowl_imagemap_02.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment